The caps of the products are either not sufficiently secure or not child resistant.
The following products have caps that are not sufficiently secure:
- 3M polyester resin 250ml (red cap), product number POR2503M
- 3M polyester resin 500ml (red cap), product number POR5003M
- 3M fibreglass repair kit (red cap), product number FGRKIT3M (please check for POR2503M inside kit)
- 3M rust proof 4L (red cap), product number RP43M
- 3M acetone 500ml (red cap), product number ACS5003M
- 3M rust barrier 4L (red cap), product number RUB43M
- 3M rust dissolver 500ml, product number RUSD5003M
- 3M rust dissolver 250ml, product number RUSD2503M
- 3M rust dissolver 1L, product number RUSD13M
The following products have caps that are not child resistant:
- 3M rust barrier 4L (silver cap), product number RUB43M
- 3M acetone 500ml (silver cap), product number ACS5003M
- 3M rust proof 4L (silver cap), product number RP43M
- 3M polyester resin 250ml (silver cap), product number POR2503M
- 3M polyester resin 500ml (silver cap), product number POR5003M
- 3M fiberglass repair kit (silver cap), product number FGRKIT3M (please check for POR2503M inside kit)
On sale from June 2010 to November 2011.
What to do
For products which are not sufficiently secure:
Ensure the cap of the product is securely fastened by turning it clockwise with enough force to engage the child resistant lock, and then turning anti-clockwise until a click is heard indicating the mechanism has engaged.
For products which are not child resistant:
Cease using the product immediately and ensure it is out of reach of children. Return the product to the place of purchase for a full refund.
For more information on any of the above recalled products please call 0800 568 324 or email email@example.com.
Read what our members have to say close
To save money on essentials and make buying decisions easy, you can't go past Consumer. We're proud to have over 65,000 members all enjoying our independent information online or in Consumer magazine.
Here's what some of them say...
"Just wanted to let you know that I find your site excellent! Easy to find my way around, everything at my fingertips - just a click away.
I only took out a 3 month membership as I wasn't sure but it is actually really easy to use and if I want it on paper I can print the
reports. Thanks again".
Denise Watkinson - Waitakere
"My mother (74) got a renewal letter from her insurance company for her car insurance, wanting $570. After reading
your article on car insurance, I contacted one of the companies you recommended, who quoted her $318 for the same
level of cover. I just wanted to stay thank you very much for your article, as it has saved my mother a substantial amount of money".
Adrian Lane - Kapiti Coast
"I've been a member to the magazine since 1997 and enjoy reading it a lot. I've found lots of helpful information on different issues...
Thank you for being so helpful".
Peter Kovalenko - Porirua
"I have been a member of the Consumer NZ for 20 or more years and have enjoyed much reliable advice.
I turn to their tests before making significant purchases".
Lyndal Print – Auckland
Join Consumer now and make your decisions easy on a huge range of products and services
- Over 500 reports, plus interactive tools and calculators
- Independent advice from NZ's trusted source of information
- Join over 65,000 members who help us get all NZers a fairer deal