The meats are potentially contaminated with Listeria.
The following products are affected:
- The Mad Butcher salami roll 500g, with a best before date up to and including 17 August 2012.
- The Mad Butcher pepperoni roll 500g, with a best before date up to and including 17 August 2012.
The above salami and pepperoni products are sold through The Mad Butcher stores nationwide.
- Ratanui whole, half and champagne hams, cooked on the bone, with a best before date up to and including 12 September 2012.
- Eazi Carve whole boneless leg ham and boneless leg ham pieces, with a best before date up to and including 9 September 2012.
The above ham products are sold through Preston's stores in Wellington, Porirua and Palmerston North and The Mad Butcher stores nationwide.
What to do
Do not consume any of these products. Return them to the place of purchase for a full refund. Call 06 843 0472 with any queries. Any person concerned about their health should seek medical advice.
Read what our members have to say close
To save money on essentials and make buying decisions easy, you can't go past Consumer. We're proud to have over 65,000 members all enjoying our independent information online or in Consumer magazine.
Here's what some of them say...
"Just wanted to let you know that I find your site excellent! Easy to find my way around, everything at my fingertips - just a click away.
I only took out a 3 month membership as I wasn't sure but it is actually really easy to use and if I want it on paper I can print the
reports. Thanks again".
Denise Watkinson - Waitakere
"My mother (74) got a renewal letter from her insurance company for her car insurance, wanting $570. After reading
your article on car insurance, I contacted one of the companies you recommended, who quoted her $318 for the same
level of cover. I just wanted to stay thank you very much for your article, as it has saved my mother a substantial amount of money".
Adrian Lane - Kapiti Coast
"I've been a member to the magazine since 1997 and enjoy reading it a lot. I've found lots of helpful information on different issues...
Thank you for being so helpful".
Peter Kovalenko - Porirua
"I have been a member of the Consumer NZ for 20 or more years and have enjoyed much reliable advice.
I turn to their tests before making significant purchases".
Lyndal Print – Auckland
Join Consumer now and make your decisions easy on a huge range of products and services
- Over 500 reports, plus interactive tools and calculators
- Independent advice from NZ's trusted source of information
- Join over 65,000 members who help us get all NZers a fairer deal