- Temperature performance: We check how well the freezer maintains even temperatures. We also check how it copes with ambient temperature change – and whether the freezer allows a good range of temperature choices and the controls’ mid setting gives an appropriate temperature.
- Energy efficiency: We check energy use and comparative energy efficiency of the models.
- Cool-down: We measure how long it takes to cool the air in an empty freezer, from when it’s switched on until it reaches -13°C in a warm temperature-controlled room.
- Warm-up: This relates directly to the amount of insulation the freezer has and gives an indication of how long it would take to warm up in a power-cut. First the freezers are switched off in a room with an ambient temperature of 32°C. The test starts when the freezer temperature is -15°C and ends when it gets to -5°C. The longer this takes the better.
Get full access to this report - Join now!
Enjoy access to
ALL Consumer reports
from just $28
- Over 500 reports plus interactive tools and calculators
- Independent advice from NZ's trusted source of information
- Join over 65,000 members who help us get all NZers a fairer deal
Buy this report
7 days' access