FREE content in this report
Get full access to all Consumer reports for as little as $1.85 a week
- Over 500 reports plus interactive tools and calculators
- Independent advice from NZ's trusted source of information
- Join over 65,000 members who help us get all NZers a fairer deal
Enjoy access to this report for 7 days for $10.00
- Compare test results for 8 steam mops in our interactive database.
- Our recommendations for the best-buy models in our test.
- Good and bad points for each tested steam mop.
- Find out which models were easiest to use.
You’ve seen them advertised on television. But do they really work?
Steam mops are heavily advertised on TV as a chemical-free and “sanitary” way to clean floors. They may be an option if you want to be chemical-free – but with prices as high as $300 they’re an expensive alternative to the conventional sponge mop, bucket and a bit of elbow grease.
We tested 8 steam mops – find out how well they performed.