Mothballs are being removed from sale in New Zealand because of concern about the risk of poisoning to children
Join today and get instant access to all test results and research.
All currently available mothball products are being removed from the market because of concern about the risk of poisoning to children.
Mothballs and moth flakes contain some chemicals that are toxic. Eating or ingesting these products can be fatal. The products contain significantly different concentrations of chemicals – the more concentrated they are the more harmful they are if eaten. More information is available on the Ministry of Health website.
Return any mothballs and moth flakes you have to the retailer you bought them from or throw them in the rubbish.
Unlock all of Consumer from just $7 for 7 days or become a member from just $12 p/m