Freedom has recalled its Utility Dining Chair. The tapering of the inside bottom of the chair legs could trap or cut you.
Affected chairs were sold at Freedom stores from March 2011 - March 2014.
Affected chair colours and their codes are:
- White: 23157101
- Galvanised: 23157118
- Red: 23157217
- Perforated Galvanised: 23204010
- Perforated Aqua: 23275737
- Perforated White: 23275744
- Perforated Red: 23275751
- Perforated Lemongrass: 23275768
What to do
Contact Freedom to get a free DIY plug insert kit. Once the plugs have been inserted into the legs of the chairs, you can use the chairs safely.
To order a free plug insert kit, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit a Freedom store.
Alternatively, you can either:
- exchange your Utility chairs for the current Laurent model, available in two colours. The Laurent chair looks similar but does not pose the same risk, or
- return your Utility chairs to a Freedom store for a refund.
For further information, contact Freedom on 0800 469 327 between 8:30am - 5:00pm, Monday - Friday, or email email@example.com.