Recall: Magnet toy from The Warehouse

The high-powered magnets can cause internal injuries if swallowed.

Recalls hero

The problem
17may magnet buddy

The Warehouse has recalled its Play Studio Magnet Buddy toy because its small, high-powered magnets may come loose. If the magnets are swallowed they can cause internal injuries that require surgery and pose lifelong health complications.


The Play Studio Magnet Buddy toy consists of 4 magnets and has the barcode 9400988003139.

The toy was sold at The Warehouse from September 2016 to 28 April 2017.

What to do

Stop using the Magnet Buddy toy immediately. Dispose of it in the rubbish or return it to your nearest The Warehouse store for a refund. Proof of purchase is not required.

For more information, contact The Warehouse on 0800 422 274 or email

Information provided by Product Recalls — part of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment.

Member comments

Get access to comment