Cord problem could cause burn or shock.
Two models of Shark vacuums are being recalled after an issue with the cord was identified. The cord issue could cause a burn or shock while vacuuming. Consumers are advised to unplug their vacuum cleaner at the wall and not to use it again until it has been repaired.
The models being recalled are:
The affected Shark products were sold through the TV Shop and electrical retailers including Harvey Norman, Noel Leeming, Mitre 10 and Farmers. More than 50,000 of the affected models of Shark vacuum cleaners have been sold in New Zealand since 2011.
All products subject to the voluntary recall will require cord replacement that will be installed free of charge through an authorised Shark Service Centre.
Consumers are advised to visit www.sharkclean.co.nz for guidance on identifying the affected models and for instructions on how to return for repair. A dedicated Shark customer service team is available for any consumer queries on 0800 109 009.