- Longer blades cut more hedge with each sweep, but they can also be more unwieldy. Blade sheaths protect the cutting teeth when you're storing the hedger.
- A hand guard stops foliage and fauna being flung back at you. A transparent hand guard offers better visibility.
- Rotating rear handles and wrap-around front handles make it easier to switch from vertical to horizontal trimming.
- A trigger system that requires both hands will prevent you from pruning your fingers.
- Fixed teeth that stick out beyond the cutting teeth reduce the chance of injury if you brush the blade against your leg.