- Check your ladder before using it. Never use a ladder with missing, broken or loose parts – it’s just not worth the risk.
- When you’re setting up a ladder, make sure it’s on a firm and even surface. It’s even better to secure the base of the ladder.
- Always keep 3 points of contact when climbing a ladder (for example: both feet and a hand). Never over-reach sideways.
- Ladders are not designed as working platforms. For big jobs such as painting walls, look at using scaffolding … or hire a professional.
- Chairs are for sitting on, not standing on. You need to reach up high? Use a stepladder.