We tested 12 models to see which respond fastest to smoke.
This report is free thanks to funding from Tenancy Services.
Consumer NZ is non-profit. To help us get a fairer deal for all New Zealand consumers you can become a Consumer member or make a donation. We’ll use your contribution to investigate consumer issues and work for positive change.
6x AA (lithium)
- We've had two of these for a couple of years now - no problems at all. They communicate with each other (good for big houses) -i.e. the bedroom alarm will announce a heads up warning if small amounts of smoke are detected up in the kitchen.
- Very easy to install and setup
- Love the optional movement sensor that lights your path at night, great for the hallway
- Alerts me if the kids have burnt the toast even if I'm out of the house
- Nicely reasuirng the way the self check glows for a second each night when we turn our lights off
- No longer works with Hue (smart lights) - previously 'nest works with Hue' feature could be setup to automatically turn lights on if the alarm went off.
- Expensive, but worth it.
Yes, I recommend this product.
Have you used this product? Share your opinion with Consumer members