It can be difficult to know how to go about making a complaint. So we’ve put together these templates you can use to help you stand up for your rights. Use these as a guide to complain about unfair contracts.
The Fair Trading Act contains a list of terms the courts are likely to regard as unfair. The list includes terms that allow a company to unilaterally:
- vary the terms of the contract
- terminate the contract
- renew or not renew the contract
- penalise the consumer for breaching or ending the contract
- vary the price without giving the consumer the right to end the contract
- vary the characteristics of the goods or services to be supplied
- determine whether a contract has been breached, or interpret its meaning.